Butternut Squash Cottage Pie
- 500g Mince (optional)
- 1 large Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Carrots
- 400g Passata
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- Cheese (optional topping)
- Chop the butternut squash into small chunks and season with garlic, salt, pepper and oil.
- Bake in the at 220 degrees C for 20 – 30 minutes or until soft.
- In a pan slowly cook the onion until soft and then add the mice to cook until brown.
- Add in the chopped carrots and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Pour in the passata and allow to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and carefully cut the flesh away from the skin.
- Use a potato masher or blender to mix the squash until it is soft and fluffy.
- Pour the mince and veg mixture into an oven dish and spread the butternut squash on top.
- Place under the grill on a low heat for 10 – 15 minutes or until the butternut squash starts to crisp up.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top, allow to melt and then serve and enjoy.