Community Event Assistant
Role title: Community Event Assistant
Location: Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Dorset, Oxfordshire, North Wales, West Midlands
Summary of role:
To support JET’s fundraising team by attending events within your local community (area will be defined by postcode) supporting the JET stand and activities.
You will be responsible for supporting the fundraising team at their planned events, supporting with fundraising activities, selling merchandise and raising awareness of JET in your community. In addition to attending JET organised events, we also encourage and welcome you to seek and attend other events in our aid.
All our volunteers will need to complete an application form and provide two references, some of our roles require an enhanced DBS, once we have received this a member of the JET team will then be in touch to arrange an informal interview.
In addition to the specific tasks outlined in this role description all JET volunteers are required to operate within all relevant policies and guidelines and should be aware of their specific responsibilities to promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within JET.
• Full clean driving licence
• Car Owner
• Good knowledge of your community
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good numeracy skills
• Ability to work on own or as part of a team
What can JET offer me as a volunteer?
• Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance your CV
• Have fun, meet new people and make new friends
• Receive references for future employers
• The knowledge that you are supporting JET to fulfil our mission of supporting over 10,000 young people every year by 2020.
What training and support will be provided?
• Induction in respect of the Jon Egging Trust
• Appropriate materials to support your role
• Ongoing support and advice from your JET Manager/supervisor
For more information contact:
Dawn Pawlett, National Fundraising Volunteer Manager