Inspirational Outreach Volunteers
Role title: Inspirational Outreach Volunteers
Location: Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Dorset, Oxfordshire, North Wales, West Midlands
Summary of role:
Our Inspirational Outreach programme provides targeted interventions from key stage 2, according to the needs identified by schools. Sessions are delivered by Inspirational volunteers supported by JET employees who recruit, train, coordinate and support these volunteers to deliver bespoke support packages to schools.
Inspirational Volunteers represent JET to its school partners, Military and the young people we work with.
Inspirational speakers – An Inspirational speaker delivers inspiring talks / presentations to young
people aged 12 – 16, supporting JET’s mission and core values; the aim of the talk is to raise young
peoples’ aspirations, to tell your story of how you overcame adversity or what you have achieved in
life and how you got there, this will increase confidence and self-esteem and to help young people re-engage with education supporting them to make informed choices about their futures.
Inspirational Support staff/ mentors – Inspirational mentors will support the delivery of our Inspirational outreach programmes and Youth Voice. This will be in the form of delivering group work sessions, and consist of one off sessions or sessions delivered over a longer period of time and can be school based, or facilitating a trip to a corporate business or one of our military base. Facilitating and supporting our Youth Voice to meet and develop skills and confidence, developing resources for other young people, supporting the ongoing development of JET’s youth programmes and fundraising opportunities.
Young people volunteer their time to support JET in this capacity and JET staff and volunteers are required to support young people in accessing the opportunities.
• Develop and deliver key inspirational presentations/talks to young people aged 12-16
• Supports the development of the partnerships JET has with its schools and Military partners.
• Identify key opportunities for JET to deliver bespoke youth programmes.
• Collect data and information to support reach and impact analysis eg: number of young people worked with, young people’s feedback.
• Complete JET’s session plan and session evaluation
• Work within the aims and values of the Jon Egging Trust.
• Work as a positive role model
• Inspire young people to be the best they can be
All our volunteers will need to complete an application form and provide two references, some of our roles require an enhanced DBS, once we have received this a member of the JET team will then be in touch to arrange an informal interview.
In addition to the specific tasks outlined in this role description all JET volunteers are required to operate within all relevant policies and guidelines and should be aware of their specific responsibilities to promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within JET.
• An understanding of JET, it’s commitment to young people and its core purpose/mission.
• A willingness to undergo training and personal development
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to form good working relationships with other team members and professionals
• Commitment to equal opportunities and able to work within the ethos of the organisation
• Commitment to the safeguarding and well being of young people
• Ability to relate and engage with teenagers and to form effective working relationships with young people and to have a clear understanding of the issues they face today.
• Be flexible with time and have an understand that teenagers are often chaotic and may not always keep to arrangements.
• ICT skills including use of e-mail; internet; MS Word, MS Excel
• Proven experience of working with young people
• An enthusiastic, ‘can do’ approach
• Flexible approach to hours and prepared to work weekends, bank holidays and evenings as required
• Must be able to meet the travel requirements of the post
What can JET offer me as a volunteer?
• Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance your CV
• Have fun, meet new people and make new friends
• Receive references for future employers
• The knowledge that you are supporting JET to fulfil our mission of supporting over 10,000 young people every year by 2020.
What training and support will be provided?
• Induction and training for this role
• Appropriate materials to support your role
• Ongoing support and advice from your JET Manager/supervisor
For more information:
Please register your interest here. Thank you.
“JET not only helps inspire young people and build their confidence, it does exactly the same for me by giving me an opportunity to challenge myself and feel like I’m making a difference. Giving my time to help is also helping me to develop and hopefully become a better person.” – Tania, a volunteer Blue Skies Level 3 Work Skills trainer