Public Collection Coordinator
Role title: Public Collection Coordinator
Location: Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Dorset, Oxfordshire, North Wales, West Midlands
Summary of role:
Public collections are a simple and fun way to raise money and awareness for JET and our local Public Collection Coordinators will organise collection events in their local communities to help raise vital funds for the thousands of young people we support every year through our youth engagement programmes.
In the role of Public Collection Coordinator you will book or supervise collections at local supermarkets, garden centres, and similar venues, be the key point of contact on the day, and process and record the funds raised, all in coordination with and support from your JET Manager/supervisor.
You will play a key role in helping JET to manage and develop collections across the UK, enabling us to support young people to be they can be.
Your JET Manager/Supervisor will be on hand to offer support, advice and training where needed.
All our volunteers will need to complete an application form and provide two references, some of our roles require an enhanced DBS, once we have received this a member of the JET team will then be in touch to arrange an informal interview.
In addition to the specific tasks outlined in this role description all JET volunteers are required to operate within all relevant policies and guidelines and should be aware of their specific responsibilities to promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within JET.
• Book and/or supervise collections at local supermarkets, garden centres and similar venues
• Manage and be the key point of contact for the collection
• Process and record the funds raised
• Good knowledge of your local community
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Aged 18+
• Access to your own vehicle with a full UK drivers licence
What can JET offer me as a volunteer?
• Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance your CV
• Have fun, meet new people and make new friends
• Receive references for future employers
• The knowledge that you are supporting JET to fulfil our mission of supporting over 10,000 young people every year by 2020.
What training and support will be provided?
• Induction in respect of the Jon Egging Trust
• Appropriate materials to support your role
• Ongoing support and advice from your JET Manager/supervisor
For more information contact:
Dawn Pawlett, National Fundraising Volunteer Manager