Start or Join a Local Fundraising Group
Starting up, or joining, a fundraising group is a great way to raise money and awareness of JET, whilst connecting to your local community and having fun!
JET Fundraising Group
Location: Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Dorset, Oxfordshire, North Wales, West Midlands
Summary of role:
As a JET Fundraising Group you will play a key role in helping the charity to meet its strategic objective of increasing awareness and understanding of its work with the general public. You will represent JET within (Region) to support the development of JET’s fundraising presence, raise money through organising fundraising events and raise awareness of JET.
All our volunteers will need to complete an application form and provide two references, some of our roles require an enhanced DBS, once we have received this a member of the JET team will then be in touch to arrange an informal interview.
In addition to the specific tasks outlined in this role description all JET volunteers are required to operate within all relevant policies and guidelines and should be aware of their specific responsibilities to promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within JET.
• Raising funds by organising events in your local community throughout the year
• Delivering talks to local community groups and schools
• Building relationships with local businesses
• Placing collection boxes
• Researching local funding opportunities
• Recruiting new volunteers
• Representing JET at community engagements
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good numeracy skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Confident Speaker
• Willingness to ask the audience to support the charity through volunteering or fundraising
• A good knowledge of your local area, including businesses and community groups
• Full clean driving licence
• Car Owner
• Access to public transport
What can JET offer me as a volunteer?
• Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance your CV
• Have fun, meet new people and make new friends
• Receive references for future employers
• The knowledge that you are supporting JET to fulfil our mission of supporting over 10,000 young people every year by 2020.
What training and support will be provided?
• Full induction in support of your role
• Appropriate materials to support your role: including training pack which contains sample speeches / presentations which can be adapted, and includes information and statistics about JET.
• Ongoing support and advice from your JET Manager/supervisor – with regular catch up meeting (Skype/Telephone/Face to Face)
For more information contact:
Dawn Pawlett, National Fundraising Volunteer Manager