My name is Karen Farmer, I joined the Jon Egging Trust in October 2018 as Volunteers Administration Assistant. I am an experienced administrator who thrives when working collaboratively and is organised and adept at developing and maintaining an administrative infrastructure. My role is crucial in the development of a new administrative framework to support volunteers at JET.
I support the Volunteer and Participation Development Manager by overseeing the day to day volunteering administration which includes:
• Liaising with volunteers and supporters by telephone/e-mail/letter
• Sending, receiving and dealing with correspondence in respect of volunteering
• Recruitment, checking DBS, ID and applying for references
• Efficient and accurate inputting of information and data into JET’s database
• Distributing promotional and fundraising materials to supporters
• Ordering of materials and clothing for volunteers
• Organising and taking minutes at meetings
• Assisting with the website ensuring that the volunteers page is accurate and updated
I provide vital administrative support to a small but busy team who are based in different locations within the UK. The majority of my work is linked to the operation of the charity in relation to volunteers who support our Youth Programmes as well as Fundraising.
This is a role I feel very passionate about. I feel very proud and privileged to be part of the team. JET delivers inspiring programmes to young people facing adversity and helps them realise their full potential by providing opportunities and support to raise their aspirations, confidence and self-esteem and to help them re-engage with education and so make informed choices about their futures. Having worked for Lincolnshire Police for 14 years, I understand the impact and importance of having positive and supportive role models in young people’s lives. I have a keen interest in mental health and other issues facing young people in society today.