Role title: Public Collection Coordinator
Location: Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Dorset, Oxfordshire, North Wales, West Midlands
Hours/days: The amount of time required will be approximately 2-3 hours in administration per week plus the time of the actual collection(s) you organise.
Summary of role:
JET’S Big Collection is a nationwide campaign to help us raise awareness and funds of our youth engagement programmes.
Public collections are a simple and fun way to raise money and awareness for JET and our local Public Collection Coordinators will organise collection events in their local communities to help raise vital funds for the thousands of young people we support every year through our youth engagement programmes.
In the role of Public Collection Coordinator you will book or supervise collections at local supermarkets, garden centres, and similar venues, be the key point of contact on the day, and process and record the funds raised, all in coordination with and support from JET’s regional Fundraising Officer in your area.
You will play a key role in helping JET to manage and develop collections across the UK, enabling us to support young people to be they can be.
JET’s Fundraising Officer’s will be on hand to offer support, advice and training where needed.
• Plan public collection events at supermarkets, garden centres, shopping centres and similar venues in your community, or supervise collections organised by your Regional Fundraising Officer. This may include street collections.
• Create a rota of volunteers for each planned collection with the support of your Regional Fundraising Officer.
• Liaise with volunteers prior to the collection, and let them know the total raised afterwards.
• Act as they key point of contact on the day, including setting up and clear down, and ensuring basic protocols are followed.
• Collect, count, bank and report funds raised, following guidance provided
• Complete any forms required by the collection venue to report the results of the collection.
• Act as a local representative for JET in your community.
• Good knowledge of your local community
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Aged 18+
• Access to your own vehicle with a full UK drivers licence
What can JET offer me as a volunteer?
• Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance your CV
• Have fun, meet new people, share your enthusiasm for doing some new
• To know that you have supported JET to fulfil our mission of supporting over 10,000 young people by 2020.
• To be a representative of JET in your local community.
What resources will I be provided?
• Opportunity to attend a pre-event training session to introduce you to your role and JET.
• Appropriate materials to support your role – collection tins, sashes, sign in sheets, authorisation letters etc.
• Ongoing support and advice from your local Regional Fundraising Officer.
For more information contact:
East of England: Sarah Cross, Fundraising Officer: email@example.com, 07764 352 783