Youth Programmes Volunteers
Role title: Youth Programmes Volunteer
Location: Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Dorset, Oxfordshire, North Wales, West Midlands, Hampshire
Summary of role:
To support Regional Youth Programmes staff to deliver JET Programmes. Be a positive role model to our young people in line with our mission statement.
• Develop and deliver key inspirational presentations/talks to young people
• Support the development of the partnerships JET has with its schools and external partners
• Assist Youth Programmes staff to build inspirational sessions for young people
• Together with Youth Programmes staff, ensure that sessions are delivered safely and in line with JET’s safeguarding policy
All our volunteers will need to complete an application form and provide two references. Some of our roles require a DBS check.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to form good working relationships with other team members and professionals
• Ability to relate to and engage with young people
• An enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach
• Commitment to the safeguarding and well being of young people
• Experience of working with young people (desirable)
What can JET offer me as a volunteer?
• Opportunity to learn new skills and enhance your CV
• Have fun, meet new people and make new friends
• Receive references for future employers
• The knowledge that you are supporting JET to fulfil our mission of supporting over 10,000 young people every year
What training and support will be provided?
• Induction and training for this role
• Appropriate materials to support your role
• Ongoing support and advice from your JET supervisor
How to apply:
Complete our volunteer application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To understand how JET uses your data, see our Volunteer Privacy Notice
For more information:
“JET not only helps inspire young people and build their confidence, it does exactly the same for me by giving me an opportunity to challenge myself and feel like I’m making a difference. Giving my time to help is also helping me to develop and hopefully become a better person.” – Tania, a volunteer Blue Skies Level 3 Work Skills trainer