Race to the King
Location: Goodwood Racecourse – Selhurstpark Rd, Chichester, PO18 0PS
Date: 15th June 2024
Distance: 100km / 50km
Registration: £40 (100km non-stop) / £30 (50km Coastal or Castle only, ex. camping)
Minimum fundraising: £500 (100km non-stop) / £300 (50km Coastal or Castle only)
Write your own piece of history in the heart of the South Downs as you chase the King from
ancient coast to sweeping ridges.
Whether you are a first time Ultra runner or a hardened professional there is something to test
everyone in this ultra-accessible figure of 8 ultramarathon challenge. The hardest part might just be
waving goodbye to your supporters at the festival camp for your second loop.
50km Coastal takes you along the coastal path of Chichester Harbour AONB, through the
picturesque ancient village of Bosham. If Castles are your thing, 50km Castle route winds along the
River Arun, past Arundel Castle and up along the South Downs Way before heading back to the
You will be treated like royalty on your journey with fully stocked pitstops, laden with food and
drinks, and tireless support from our crew and medics.
This is a challenge for all, inclusive of all ages, experience, and fitness levels. Whether you’re a
seasoned runner, patient plodder or weekend walker – take on 100km in one go, or 50km in one
day via the coast or castle.
• Training programme tailored to all levels
• Fully signposted trails for navigation in day & night conditions
• Routes through heritage sites, AONBs and along National Trails
• Fully stocked pit stops including cereal bars, chocolate, sweets, fresh fruit, crisps,
sandwiches and more
• Hot meals, showers, drinks and sports nutrition
• Bag transport to the finish
• Qualified medical personnel at all pit-stops & medical clinics at basecamp & finish points
• Finisher’s medal
• Individual chip timing throughout the event